WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THE MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL CURRICULUM?
10-WEEK JUMP-START PROGRAM
- A 10-week intervention program that teaches students to write coherent 5-paragraph essays with descriptive language and smooth transitions.
- Spiraled scope and sequence and step-by-step lesson plans for 10 weeks of expository writing with tons of ideas and tips to keep students motivated.
- Writing prompts and graphic organizers with related word banks that teachers can use in modeling.
- Daily “Write Aerobics” exercises to help students brainstorm and organize ideas.
- Daily mini lessons to teach organization, vocabulary, grammar, punctuation, sentence fluency, and voice.
- Assessments and grading rubrics.
- A color-coded system that promotes structured, coherent essays with supporting statements, transitions, beginnings, and endings.
- Writing samples to be used for modeling (teachers love these).
16 WRITING GENRES (OVER 40 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION)
- Covers 16 genres of writing and over 40 weeks of instruction: 1) Informative; 2) Summary; 3) Autobiography/Biography; 4) Cause-Effect; 5) Problem-Solution; 6) Argumentative/Persuasive; 7) Response to Literature; 8) Compare-Contrast; 9) Descriptive; 10) Autobiographical Narrative; 11) Narrative; 12) Letters; 13) How-To; 14) Research Paper; 15) Oral Presentation; and 16) Content Area Writing.
- Contains everything you need to teach these 16 genres, including scope & sequence, lecture notes, writing prompts, graphic organizers, assessments, rubrics, sample essays, and writing exercises.
- Meets Common Core and state benchmarks.
75 WRITING LESSONS AND EXERCISES
- Includes 75 mini-lessons to help students improve their craft. Contains tons of fun and engaging exercises.
- Organized based on the 6 traits of exceptional writing: 1) Ideas; 2) Organization; 3) Voice; 4) Word Choice; 5) Sentence Fluency; and 6) Conventions.